And, of course, you can always return to Correct My Spelling!

Monday, December 13, 2004

Making your baby less dead

This site retouches pictures of your stillborn babies. The site is pretty lo-tech, so let's hope this person is not getting much business.

You have a loss, a loss that no pregnant couple even wants to think about. When it happens to you, there is shock and indescribable sorrow. . . It has been my experience that often these cherished photos are all too graphic, showing a damaged baby, not the beautiful child you remember giving birth to. [my emphasis]
Feeding on your stress-triggered delusions, he'll touch up your photos to better help you repress and seal away your trauma, letting you get on with your unhealthy and destructive cycle of anger and denial.

Further highlighting this man's deep evil, he has a gallery of before and after pictures.
Perhaps his worst crime, in the end, is being really bad at Photoshop.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Sausage said...

Ok, I have to say that this is very disturbing but I have to admit a very sick facination with people's attempts to deal with death. That this guy would turn this into a business -- albeit, as you say, with very little skill -- leaves me transfixed as well as horrified.

Now, my reaction comes not from some high-level moral reaction but at a pretty base-level viceral reaction to infant death. At the high level I don't really have any ethical problems with it, nor should I, but I do question what psychological factors are involved in the thinking of the people who think this is a "good idea". But I wonder that about a lot of stuff, including the Osmonds.

I do wonder why someone thought this was a "good idea". its a bizzare, horrific idea. Its almost got a dark humor to it but my horror reaction is just too strong to laugh much.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 1997 volkswagen cabrio crankshaft sensor dental records analysis Buying tenuate online maa tv swathi sex mms Alarm car prestige wholesalers Volvo 960 headlight wiper motor Sexy teens vagina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home