And, of course, you can always return to Correct My Spelling!

Monday, February 07, 2005

Youth and lies

Pitchfork has a funny interview with the Advantage, a Nintendo cover band. It's a trip down memory lane, featuring classic Konami games with original controllers and cameos by the Max [which I had] and the Advantage [which my uncle had and I never had the nerve to steal].

That's all fun, but the best and most interesting part are the similarities to my own life in the stories they tell; the understanding that all kids lie, and apparently, lie the same way. Exhibit:

Robby: I remember parents being outraged at The Wizard because it made them have to get Mario 3 for their kids.

Pitchfork: Right, that was the debut of the game.

Ben: Actually, my friend Joe said he saw the game before, but I don't believe him.

We had a kid like Joe in our neighborhood, except we called him Tom. We never believed Tom.

My parents never let me see Wizard because they didn't burn their Led Zeppelin albums just to let the occult waltz in our living room in the guise of Fred Savage.

5 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Don Sheffler said...

I had Pong.

And why would I lie about that?

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Uh, because it gives you TONS of cred with your kids and their friends.

You're the hip dad in the neighborhood, I can tell.

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
» » »

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home