And, of course, you can always return to Correct My Spelling!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

You fall, slain

Wired News has an interesting article on the dogged presence of text-based gaming in a graphic oriented world. Accolytes say text-based gaming is analogous to reading a novel:

Elizabeth Price, moderator for OneRing MUSH: "The text-based format for role-playing allows the same kind of immersion in the story as a book does -- with the added ability to interact with it and shape the story as you go along. There are no images on the screen to limit your imagination's interaction with the story and with other players."
'Novel-like,' some say. Others, 'mind-numbing.'

The limits of imagination gandiosity of such games is obviously stunted in some users, like myself, who have no imagination at all.

I was born too late, I think. By the time I got my hands on Zork I'd been ruined by Coleco Vision and the first Monkey Island. Unfortunate, I needed another time-intensive hobby.

4 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Hairy threesome karups private threesome Find deleted files mac tv accessories car bag Balk mother in fat ass xxx

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work a good scholarship essay big chinese breasts remove roof rack from isuzu trooper Big breast jap Body kits mitsubishi eclipse instructions for radar detector topamax neurotoxic Office furniture outlet springfield ohio Primer impacto bextra zyrtec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home