And, of course, you can always return to Correct My Spelling!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hunter S. T's [nearly] final words

Was Thompson's death a murder fixed up to look like a suicide? Was it a suicide planned out to look like a murder that looked like a suicide?

Neither seems likely, but either might just be possible given an interview the writer granted a radio station in January. Quoth Thompson:

"Bush is really the evil one here and it is more than just him. We are the Nazis in this game and I don't like it. I am embarrassed and I am pissed off. I mean to say something. I think a lot of people in this country agree with me -...we'll see what happens to me if I get my head cut off next week -- it is always unknown or bushy-haired strangers who commit suicide right afterwards with no witnesses."
Those last remarks are in reference to the inexplicable suicide another self-described Bush whistle blower, James Hatfield, who had written an expose on the West Texas clan.

It seems like anyone killing Thompson would be counter-productive, as no one was really reading his political diatribes anyway. It also seems out of character that Thompson would try and manufacture martyrdom for himself. Most likely it was simply the tragic end of another tragic and beautiful life and another sad loss for American letters, but conspiracy buffs will have their way, so you might as well have heard it here first.
[I really did like Thompson more than that story about K let on, I swear]

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If anything good comes from this election I hope it’s that the worked up Bush=Hitler people commit suicide in an anti-gun, environment friendly, socially conscious way (a hemp noose in other words)." -my Nov. 6 article

Um...oops?

-ben

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home